Welcome! I’m Katie Kieffer. I’m a columnist and political commentator. You can also find my column every Monday on TownHall.com. I’m currently writing a book titled “Let Me Be Clear” to be published by Crown Forum in the summer of 2014. A hard-hitting and entertaining exposé, ‘Let Me Be Clear’ will offer lessons, alternatives and solutions that we’ll need to achieve our dreams and rebirth a culture of freedom. I hope you enjoy visiting the site; please come back and see us weekly!
Professional Background and Experience
Katie graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of St. Thomas.
Katie has a background in commercial real estate. Katie chaired a National NAIOP Young Professionals Forum of rising stars in commercial real estate and traveled across the country learning about different geographic business climates and development trends. Katie won multiple awards at the state and national levels for her leadership in commercial real estate. She was also named one of the ‘Twin Cities 25 Finest Young Professionals.’ Katie is LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) accredited. She is authorized to counsel businesses on achieving greater profitability through energy.
Today, Katie runs an entrepreneurial media venture; she is a popular public speaker, columnist and guest on national radio and TV programs. Katie brings an innovative perspective to international economic, cultural and public policy discussions.
Early career highlights
- During high school, Katie wrote editorial columns for the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
- Katie was selected to be the ambassador for her high school at Girls State.
- As a college sophomore, she founded and published a nationally-recognized independent student newspaper called the St. Thomas Standard.
- She was the sole female entrepreneur recognized with a “Practicing Entrepreneur Award” at the University of St. Thomas during her senior year.
- Columnist and Political Commentator, Townhall.com (present)
- Founder & Editor-in-Chief, St. Thomas Standard (college)
- Columnist, St. Paul Pioneer Press (high school)
Television appearances and radio broadcasts:
- CNBC – The Kudlow Report
- FOX Business Network – The Willis Report
- FOX News Channel – Bret Baier’s Special Report
- MSNBC – Martin Bashir Show
- NEWSMAX TV – Steve Malzberg Show
- Current TV – The Young Turks Show
- CBS Radio – Mornings with Ray Dunaway
- NRA Radio – Cam & Co
- Firearms Radio – This Week in Guns
- The Greg Krino Program
- Christian Talk 660 – with Lauren Cooley
- The Financial Survival Network
- The Mike Church Show on Sirius XM
- Car Concerns Radio USA
- The Jack Riccardi Show on KTSA radio
- The Rita Cosby Show
- The Young Wealth Show
- Late Debate with Jack and Ben
- Clash Radio with Doug Giles
- The Dr. Gina Loudon Radio Show
- The White House Brief with Paul Westcott on iHeartRadio
- The Sue Jeffers Show on Twin Cities News Talk
- The Peter McClellan Show on AM 1570 Twin Cities Business Radio
- The Closer hosted by Brad Carlson on Northern Alliance Radio Network
- The Ed Morrissey and Mitch Berg Show, WWTC AM 1280 The Patriot
Select national speaking engagements:
- CPAC 2013 in Washington, D.C.
- Defending the American Dream Summit, New Jersey
- CPAC Chicago
- CPAC 2012 in Washington D.C.
- RightOnline 2011, Minneapolis
- Trinity School at River Ridge
- CoreNet Global, Minneapolis
- CPAC 2011 in Washington, D.C.
- 2010 Tax Day Rally
- NAIOP Development, Annual Meeting for Commercial Real Estate, Chicago
- Eagle Forum Collegiate Summit, Washington, D.C.
- NAIOP Leadership & Legislative Retreat, Washington, D.C.
- NAIOP Development: Annual Meeting for Commercial Real Estate, Atlanta
Public speaking awards:
- Big 10 Speakers All-Star Award
- Big 10 Speakers Most Valuable Member Award
- Big 10 Speakers High Five Club Distinction
- Toastmaster’s Speech Club President
Katie in the news:
“The 50 Best Conservative Columnists of 2013″ – RightWingNews
“The 20 Hottest Conservative Women in New Media (2013 Edition)” – RightWingNews
“The 50 Best Conservative Columnists Of 2012″ – RightWingNews
“The 20 Hottest Conservative Women in New Media (2012 Edition)” – RightWingNews
“The 40 Best Conservative Columnists Of 2011″ - Right Wing News
“People on the Move” – Washington D.C. Business Journal
“The 20 Hottest Conservative Women in New Media (2011 Edition)” – Right Wing News
“Young Professional Network 5Q with writer and speaker Katie Kieffer” -MinnPost
“Top Ten Tea Party Bloggers You Need to Read” – NewsRealBlog