Welcome! I’m Katie Kieffer. I’m an entrepreneur, author and commentator. You can also find my column every Monday on TownHall.com. I recently wrote my first book titled Let Me Be Clear. Random House is the publisher. My book offers lessons and solutions that we’ll need to achieve our entrepreneurial dreams. Views on this site and associated social media pages are my opinions only and do not represent the views of my employers.
Professional Background and Experience
Katie graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of St. Thomas.
Katie has a background in commercial real estate. Katie chaired a National NAIOP Young Professionals Forum of rising stars in commercial real estate and won multiple awards at the state and national levels for her leadership in commercial real estate. She was also named one of the ‘Twin Cities 25 Finest Young Professionals.’
Today, Katie runs an entrepreneurial media venture; she is an author, public speaker, weekly national columnist and a guest on national TV and radio programs. Katie brings an innovative perspective to international economic, cultural and public policy discussions.
Early career highlights
- During high school, Katie wrote editorial columns for the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
- Katie was selected to be the ambassador for her high school at Girls State.
- As a college sophomore, she founded and published a nationally-recognized independent student newspaper called the St. Thomas Standard.
- She was the sole female entrepreneur recognized with a “Practicing Entrepreneur Award” at the University of St. Thomas during her senior year.
Entrepreneur, Author and Commentator
Television appearances and select radio broadcasts:
- HBO – Real Time with Bill Maher
- FOX Business – Cavuto; The Willis Report
- FOX News – Hannity; The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson; Fox & Friends; America’s News HQ with Uma Pemmaraju; Bret Baier’s Special Report
- NBC – The Steve Harvey Show
- HLN – The Dr. Drew Show
- One America News Network
- The Laura Ingraham Show
- The Dennis Miller Show
…and many more!
“On Fox Business, I remember how articulate you were and what a solid case you made in those minutes that you were on the show… Immediately afterwards I signed into my Amazon account and put your book into my shopping cart.” – Rick, via e-mail
“I just wanted to say you were incredibly brave to go up against a seasoned veteran and debate Bill Maher especially with the deck stacked against you and I thought you came across as very well informed and eloquent. As a fellow Millennial it gives me hope that smart, very attractive women do exist.” – Dave, via Facebook
“Katie, just ordered your book! You were awesome on Fox & Friends!” – Janie, via Twitter
“I saw you on Bill Maher’s show, and while I’m not American, I find the topics you discussed very interesting. Have to say, I didn’t agree with much of what you said, which is why you interested me out of all the others on the panel.” – Vincent, via Facebook
“Hosting Katie Kieffer to speak will offer your members excellent strategies to connect with the Millennial generation. During her keynote address, Katie highlighted many of the trends and preferences of today’s Millennial generation in order to better engage these up-and-coming leaders. Katie’s presence at our meeting resulted in a surge in our attendance and membership, particularly among Millennials.” -Rick Reiss, MTRA Vice President and Programs Director
“You did an awesome job on Hannity last night.” – Ryan, via Twitter
“I just bought your book. Can’t put it down! You are such an inspiration!” – Raychel via Twitter
Select national speaking engagements:
- Association of American Physicians & Surgeons 72nd Annual Meeting, St. Louis
- Millennial Outreach Training for Republican Caucuses in CA, NH and MD
- FreedomFest 2015, Las Vegas, NV
- Keynote speaker, TFRW Legislative Day 2015, Austin, TX
- Keynote speaker, Elephant Club, Minneapolis, MN
- Center for the American Experiment, 2015, Minneapolis, MN
- Liberty Caucus Event, CPAC 2015, National Harbor, MD
- NFRW National Board Meeting, 2014, Grand Hyatt, Dallas, TX
- YAF National Student Conference, 2014, George Washington University, D.C.
- Keynote speaker for Friends of the NRA Banquet, 2014, Omaha, NE
- DPAF Dallas Careers Summit 2014, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
- CPAC 2011; 2012; 2013 and 2014 – Washington, D.C.
- Defending The American Dream Summit, NJ
- RightOnline, Minneapolis, MN
- CoreNet Global, Minneapolis, MN
- NAIOP Development, Annual Meeting for Commercial Real Estate, Chicago
- Eagle Forum Collegiate Summit, Washington, D.C.
- NAIOP Leadership & Legislative Retreat, Washington, D.C.
- NAIOP Development: Annual Meeting for Commercial Real Estate, Atlanta
Public speaking awards:
- Big 10 Speakers All-Star Award
- Big 10 Speakers Most Valuable Member Award
- Big 10 Speakers High Five Club Distinction
- Toastmaster’s Speech Club President
Fun mentions in the news:
“The 50 Best Columnists” (2011; 2012; 2013; and 2014) -RightWingNews
“20 Hottest Women in the New Media” (2011; 2012; 2013; 2014; & 2015) -RightWingNews
“Millennial author Katie Kieffer wants to empower her generation” – St. Paul Pioneer Press
“Smart, Young Businesswoman Lights Path for Millennials” – World Net Daily (Money)
“Katie Kieffer: Message To The Millennials” by Scott Johnson, J.D. – Power Line
“Young Political LOVE” by Joe Wolverton II, J.D. – The New American magazine
“People on the Move” – Washington D.C. Business Journal
Kieffer has given over 10,000 hours of her time to a cause that is close to her heart: caring for our elderly. She has made it a lifelong priority to befriend, call and visit our elderly in their homes and care centers.
Helen, Thomas, Edna, Claire, Richard, Sharon, Tudy and Betty are a few of the angels that Katie has touched—and who have influenced her. Katie has also devoted enormous attention to her own grandparents. She assumed the role of caretaker for one grandmother when she developed severe dementia, significantly delaying her need to move from her beloved home and enter a care facility.
In addition to the elderly, Katie has donated her time and resources to supporting our troops; our veterans; and our first responders.