Welcome! I’m Katie Kieffer. I’m a columnist and political commentator. You can also find my column every Monday on TownHall.com. I’m currently writing a book titled “Let Me Be Clear: One Woman’s Case Against Barack Obama and the Destruction of Her Generation’s Dreams” to be published by Crown Forum in the spring of 2014. A hard-hitting and entertaining exposé, ‘Let Me Be Clear’ will be a must-read for Americans of the Greatest Generation; the Baby Boom Generation and the Millennial Generation. I’ll offer lessons, alternatives and solutions that we’ll need to achieve our dreams and rebirth a culture of freedom. I hope you enjoy visiting the site; please come back and see us weekly!
Professional Background and Experience
Katie graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of St. Thomas.
Katie has a background in commercial real estate. Katie chaired a National NAIOP Young Professionals Forum of rising stars in commercial real estate and traveled across the country learning about different geographic business climates and development trends. Katie won multiple awards at the state and national levels for her leadership in commercial real estate. She was also named one of the ‘Twin Cities 25 Finest Young Professionals.’
Today, Katie runs an entrepreneurial media venture; she is a popular public speaker, columnist and guest on national radio and TV programs. Katie brings an innovative perspective to international economic, cultural and public policy discussions.
Early career highlights
- Katie’s love for writing and entrepreneurship began early. At age 11, she wrote her first of six children’s books as gifts for her grandma. She and her siblings developed (with carpentry help from dad) a custom, walk-in snack stand to run one of their many childhood “small businesses.”
- During high school, Katie wrote editorial columns for the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
- Katie was selected to be the ambassador for her high school at Girls State.
- As a college sophomore, she founded and published a nationally-recognized independent student newspaper called the St. Thomas Standard.
- She was the sole female entrepreneur recognized with a “Practicing Entrepreneur Award” at the University of St. Thomas during her senior year.
- Columnist and Political Commentator, Townhall.com (present)
- Founder & Editor-in-Chief, St. Thomas Standard (college)
- Columnist, St. Paul Pioneer Press (high school)
Television appearances and radio broadcasts:
- CNBC – The Kudlow Report
- FOX Business Network – The Willis Report
- FOX News Channel – Bret Baier’s Special Report
- MSNBC – Martin Bashir Show
- NEWSMAX TV – Steve Malzberg Show
- Current TV – The Young Turks Show
- CBS Radio – Mornings with Ray Dunaway
- The Greg Krino Program
- The Financial Survival Network
- The Mike Church Show on Sirius XM
- The Jack Riccardi Show on KTSA radio
- The Rita Cosby Show
- The Young Wealth Show
- Late Debate with Jack and Ben
- Clash Radio with Doug Giles
- The Dr. Gina Loudon Radio Show
- The White House Brief with Paul Westcott on iHeartRadio
- The Sue Jeffers Show on 100.3 FM K-TALK
- The Peter McClellan Show on AM 1570 Twin Cities Business Radio
- The Closer hosted by Brad Carlson on Northern Alliance Radio Network
- The Ed Morrissey and Mitch Berg Show, WWTC AM 1280 The Patriot
Select national speaking engagements:
- CPAC 2013 in Washington, D.C.
- Defending the American Dream Summit, New Jersey
- CPAC Chicago
- CPAC 2012 in Washington D.C.
- RightOnline 2011, Minneapolis
- Trinity School at River Ridge
- CoreNet Global, Minneapolis
- CPAC 2011 in Washington, D.C.
- 2010 Tax Day Rally
- NAIOP Development, Annual Meeting for Commercial Real Estate, Chicago
- Eagle Forum Collegiate Summit, Washington, D.C.
- NAIOP Leadership & Legislative Retreat, Washington, D.C.
- NAIOP Development: Annual Meeting for Commercial Real Estate, Atlanta
Public speaking awards:
- Big 10 Speakers All-Star Award
- Big 10 Speakers Most Valuable Member Award
- Big 10 Speakers High Five Club Distinction
- Toastmaster’s Speech Club President