To provide you with the products and services that Company has to offer, we request specific personal information (personal data) as detailed below. We value and respect your privacy.
Age Requirements for General Use of Site.
Participation and registration on the Site is restricted to those individuals at least 18 years of age and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties herein. By using the Site or registering on the Site, you hereby represent that you are at least 18 years of age. See the Terms and Conditions.
We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is not at least 13 years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use the Site or subscribe to our mailing or EMAIL Distribution list.
What Information We Collect.
Personal Information: We collect personally identifiable information as a condition of:
- Registration at the Site;
- Subscribing to our mailing or email distribution list;
- Completing a contact form;
- Completing a form to book a speech;
- Becoming a sponsor or advertiser;
- Requesting promotional items from the Site;
- Posting information on any of our interactive areas;
- Completing a survey, casting a vote, or participating in a poll;
- Entering a contest or sweepstakes; and/or
- Signing up for newsletters, mailing lists, RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds or events.
If you engage in any of these activities on the Site, you may be asked to provide information such as your full name, email address, zip code, state, country, and/or concerns, and information about the brands and products you use. To comment on the Site, users must also register with a user name/email address and password. If you decide to place an order through a link offered on our Site, please note that payment information is collected by our third party vendors and not by Company, and thus any information collected and use of such third party site is subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Aggregate Demographic Information: Company gathers aggregated demographic information through its tracking of IP addresses and other types of traffic data. This aggregated information is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. Aggregated demographic information may used by us and shared with third parties in order to provide tailored advertisements on the Site about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Surveys & Contests: On occasion, we request information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. Information requested may include contact information, such as name, email, address, age, and demographic information. If you do not consent to providing any of these types of information, do not participate in the survey or contest. Contact information will be used solely to notify the winners and award prizes.
Mailing Lists: At the time of sign-up, users may opt to receive information on our newsletters, columns, services, special deals, and products. Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials from our partners may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” feature within the email communication, if any, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line of the email communication. Notwithstanding the foregoing, users will always receive Site and service announcement updates, which are distributed to users automatically.
Comments: If you wish to comment on the Site, you must register for an account, and we will use your personal information to enable you to view and post messages. However, you should understand that community message boards are tools that allow you to communicate with users of the online community. As such, whenever you give out personal information in public areas, that information can be collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any information you provide publically or to third parties.
How We Use Your Personal Information.
We will process and use personally identifiable information about you for the following reasons or in the following ways:
- For our market research purposes.
- To register you as a user or customer on the Site, and manage and maintain your account.
- Respond to your questions and comments.
- Communicate with you about our and third party products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Enable you to communicate with us through our columns, blog posts, social networks and other interactive media.
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and manner in which you use the Site, applications or social media assets.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding the user experience when visiting the Site, mobile applications or social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our Site.
- We need to send the information to third party partners, vendors, agents, or service providers who work on behalf of Company to provide a product or service for you on our behalf and to provide other related services.
- We need to respond to valid legal process. This includes a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, and any other instance when we believe we are required to do so by law.
- We deem it necessary to disclose personally identifiable information, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to protect Company’s rights or interests. We may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
- For any other purpose or use, provided we have your consent.
Sale or Acquisition of Assets.
We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site: (1) web beacons; (2) IP addresses; (3) log files; (4) domain servers; (5) types of computers accessing the Site; and (6) types of web browsers used to access the Site (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site. We also use “cookies” to customize content specific to your interests, to endure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site.
Cookies and IP Addresses: We may place a “cookie” on your computer’s hard drive so we can recognize you as a return user in order to personalize and improve your experience. A cookie is a piece of data that enables us to track and target your preferences. The cookie will be stored on your computer’s hard drive until you remove it. We may also use temporary or “session” cookies to help you shop. You can have your browser notify you of, or automatically reject, cookies. If you reject our cookies, you may still use the Site, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Web Beacons: We may use web beacons (or clear GIF’s) on our Site or include them in the email messages we send you. Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. We use web beacons for many purposes, including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising and email auditing and reporting, and personalization. Information gathered through web beacons may be linked to your personal information.
IP Addresses: Company may also keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to troubleshoot technical concerns and to maintain website safety and security, including to investigate the origin of threats made to Company. An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet.
Log Files: Company may collect information in the form of logs – files that record website activity and gather statistics about web users’ browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us determine (among other things) how many and how often users have visited our Site, which pages you have visited, and other similar data (a.k.a., navigational data). We also use the log file entries for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the online services we provide you. Log files are used internally only, and are not associated with any particular user, computer, or browser.
Various security measures, such as encryption and passwords, are implemented by us in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information as well as sensitive information both online and offline.
Unfortunately, despite our security efforts, there is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. As a result, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit, and you transmit all information at your own risk.
For avoidance of doubt, if we provide links to social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter, and you choose to visit those websites through our links, please note that the personal information you post, transmit or otherwise make available on those websites may be viewed by the general public. Company does not control the user-posted content on its social media homepages and is not responsible for any third party use of your personal information that you have posted, transmitted or otherwise made available there.
Updating Personal Information; Termination of User Accounts.
A user who has submitted his or her information in order to join our mailing list may choose to unsubscribe from any future communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” feature within the email communication, if any, or emailing us at email@example.com with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line of the email communication.
Company reserves the right to cancel a customer or user’s account at any time, in its sole discretion.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: December 2015
© 2009-2016 Katie Kieffer, LLC. All rights reserved.